Dining on Style Travels: Chicago


Behind in blog posts and I apologize to my followers! Life has caught up with me and I have been so busy at work that all I want to do when home is just vegetate/watch youtube videos.

Since the last post, a lot has happened so more posts to be posted! First up, Chicago!

Couple of months ago, went here with my boyfriend for one weekend and I must say, the architecture is far more superior than that of NY's. If you are in Chicago, take a boat tour. Lots of historic information and when the sun sets, it's just pure beauty. 

Warning: Architecturally picture heavy.

illinois, chicago, architecture

illinois, chicago, architecture, whirlpool

illinois, chicago, architecture

illinois, chicago, architecture

illinois, chicago, architecture

illinois, chicago, architecture

We ended our night eating deep dish pizza which is a MEH in my book (sorry, I prefer NY style!) then heading to the John Hancock tower for drinks. Awesome view of Millenium Mile and the Sears Tower by the window seats if you're lucky!

 Tip for travelers: Go to the Signature Lounge on the 96th floor to pass over the line to see the view and it's cheaper to just get a beer ($8) than pay full price  ($18) for the view! 

chicago night skyline, sears tower, willis tower, city

The next day, we spent some time at Millennium Park and saw the famous Cloud Gate, which is lovingly called The Bean by locals. Not as big as I thought but it is still a pretty neat piece of art smack dab in the park! 

illinois, chicago, architecture, millenium park, park, recreation

illinois, chicago, architecture, millennium park, recreation, parks, the bean, cloud gate


Love all the funky sculptures around the park via Jun Kaneko. I'm a big fan of making faces in photos and there you have it. Me in all my glory. 

forever21, bluedenim, floral, maroon shorts, ootd
American Eagle denim top | Forever 21 top, shorts and shoes

junkaneko, art, sculpture

junkaneko, art, sculpture

Definitely need to come back to Chicago again! So many other places that I missed going to! 

 Where is one place you would like to travel to and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment