Book Review: Love, Lashes, and Lipstick

As an avid bookworm back in the day, my love for reading has revived yet again out of nowhere this past year!  I am a sucker for anything historical fiction but am always opened to any books.

Now, when Birchbox first introduced their Book Club back in May 2014, I got super excited! If you don't already know, Birchbox is a subscription service that mails you samples of highly raved items. I'm sure most of you out there already know what it is. If not, check them out!

Anyway, each month they come out with a book of the month and for the month of January, it was Mally Roncal's Love, Lashes, and Lipstick. I have heard of Mally Beauty but never knew what the story behind the brand was about.

mally roncal, book, beauty, makeup, self-help, reference, guide, birchbox, birchblogger

The book serves as a life guide, autobiography, and beauty lessons all jumbled into one! Mally is one Filipina with so much determination who makes her late momma proud through her passion -- makeup.

beauty, makeup, tutorial, face, illustration, mally beauty, mally roncal, book, birchbox, birchbloggers, mally roncal book

It's a great guide for women to love themselves, be proud of who they are, and learn that everyone has a path to success.
mally roncal, book, review, love lashes and lipstick, beauty, birchbox, birchbloggers, makeup
Mally acts as a mentor and teaches that we all make a difference in this world, in some shape or form. After reading, it made me think about my life and what I want to achieve. I have so many passions/dreams but am so afraid to take that leap. It's scary to be out of your comfort zone. With that said, I will leave you with a question by Mally in her book.

"What is your all? What do you want? What will fulfill you as a human being?"

Financial compensation was not received for this post. This book was gifted from Birchbox for a randomly select number of Birchbloggers. Opinions expressed here are my own.

4 comments:

Post a Comment